Miata (2016+) Stainless Steel Sphere
NOTE: This knob includes a collar under the knob to mesh nicely with the shift boot. This is inlcuded stadnard even though the pics don't show it (I have to add new pics). This shiftknob is cut on a lathe from solid 303 Stainless Steel. After the rough cutting, each knob is hand-sanded, polished, and given a brush finish by myself. This allows me to ensure a perfect finish on every knob. The steel is BY FAR the heaviest material used for any knob. This knob weighs a massive 465 grams, which is just over 1 pound! (Three times the weight of the aluminum sphere) This heavy weight provides the most solid shift feel available for your car. The finish is a wonderful accent for your interior, and the smoothness and confidence from this knob will keep you smiling on every shift.
Any stainless steel knob comes with a brushed finish as shown below. An optional burnt finish can be performed for an additional cost. The burnt finish is done using a torch to heat the metal to the desired temperature. A variety of finishes can be done this way and are listed below.
- Solid Stainless Steel material gives AMAZING solid feel to shifting
- 2.0" diameter for comfortable size
- 2.6" overall height
- 500 grams weight for a good feel
- Brushed finish looks awesome and holds up well to abuse
- Internal threading provides a quick screw-on installation
- Knob is drilled deep to sit low on the shifter
KNOB OPTIONS: (See generic examples below)
- Add grip grooves around the knob in any pattern or size
- Add a Laser Engraving on the top of the shift knob
- Add a shift pattern engraving
- Add a custom engraving. EMAIL me to add this option and provide the design
- The custom designs must be 2-colored, and supplied by the buyer. The laser will remove material where the picture is black, and leave material where the picture is white. Custom designs can be done by me, but additional charges may be added for the time I spend designing
- Add Burnt Finish flame coloring to the knob (See the image below for color examples)
These finishes appear as a tint in sunlight and have certain degrees of variation when performed.
- Option 1: Burnt Blue/Bronze Finish
- Option 2: Burnt All Blue Finish
- Option 3: Burnt Gunmetal Finish
- Option 4: Burnt All Bronze Finish