BMW Copolymer Teardrop
This shiftknob is hand-made from solid acetal copolymer. This material is a hard plastic that will not absorb heat in the summer and won’t freeze in the winter unlike typical metal knobs. This provides an extremely comfortable knob all year long.
A cross between a cone and a sphere shape, the "Teardrop" style was originally requested by BoostJunkie (on IWSTI.com). This knob provides a vertical, angled, or horizontal shifting position for your hand, while maintaining a curved ergonomic top for your palm to rest on.
- Copolymer material will not get hot or cold!
- 2.0" diameter cylinder for comfortable size
- 3.0" height for full-hand shifting
- Rounded top for comfortable palm shifting
- 170 grams weight for a more solid shift feel
- Strong strip-resistant brass threads
- Smooth surface finish
- Brass insert provides solid connection to the car
- Precision 0.550" diameter hole and 4 set screws provides proper fit
KNOB OPTIONS: (See generic examples below)
- Select Copolymer material color
- Add a thumb depression on top of the knob for vertical hand positioning (DO NOT combine with engraving option)
- Add a Laser Engraving on the top of the shift knob (See examples below)
- Add a shift pattern engraving
- Add a custom engraving. EMAIL me to add this option and provide the design.
- The custom designs must be 2-colored, and supplied by the buyer. The laser will remove material where the picture is black, and leave material where the picture is white. Custom designs can be done by me, but additional charges may be added for the time I spend designing.