WRX Copolymer GF4
This shiftknob is hand-made from solid acetal copolymer. This material is a hard plastic that will not absorb heat in the summer and won’t freeze in the winter unlike typical metal knobs. This provides an extremely comfortable knob all year long.
A cross between a piston and a sphere shape, the "GF4" style was designed by an early customer of mine, George Friedrich. This is the 4th iteration of the style, hence the initial name of the knob. This knob provides a vertical shifting position for your hand, while maintaining a curved ergonomic top for your palm to rest on.
An custom-made brass threaded insert provides more weight and stronger threads. This insert is optional on the 5-speed WRX fitment. It provides more weight and strong strip-resistant metal threads compared to the regular plastic threads. This upgrade is receommended.
- Copolymer material will not get hot or cold!
- 1.5" diameter cylinder for comfortable size
- 3.0" height for full-hand shifting
- Rounded top for comfortable palm shifting
- 100 grams weight for a quick precise shift feel (no brass)
- 160 grams weight for a more solid shift feel (with brass)
- Smooth surface finish with 3 thin grooves
- Internal threading provides a quick screw-on installation
- Boot lip under knob allows for shift boot to clip on. Keeps stock appearance
- Knob is drilled deep to sit lower than stock WRX knob!
KNOB OPTIONS: (See generic examples below)
- Select Copolymer material color
- Add a brass thread insert for more weight and stronger threads (recommended)
- Select the shape of the knob. You can choose from a fully round top or a flat top
- Add knurled surface to the side for extra grip
- Add a thumb depression on top of the knob for vertical hand positioning (DO NOT combine with engraving option)
- Add a Laser Engraving on the top of the shift knob (See examples below)
- Add a shift pattern engraving
- Add a custom engraving. EMAIL me to add this option and provide the design.
- The custom designs must be 2-colored, and supplied by the buyer. The laser will remove material where the picture is black, and leave material where the picture is white. Custom designs can be done by me, but additional charges may be added for the time I spend designing.
- Add fabric wrap around the upper cylinder section of the shift knob, individually crafted and hand-stitched (Email for extra colors of fabric or stitch) It is recommended to get the "Flat Top" version of the knob if you get the fabric wrap option. This allows more room for the fabric material than the "Round Top".