Wooden STi Purple Heart Piston
These knobs are all hand-carved by my brother Eric. Each piece of wood is hand picked for it's unique grain pattern and color. After being cut and hand-turned, the shift knob is finished and buffed to a high gloss, resulting in a smooth and comfortable feel. A glass-like durable cyanoacrylate finish is then applied to seal the wood. The solid wood provides a tactile connection between you and your car.
From Central America, Purple Heart is an eggplant purple with darker streaks.
Additionally, this shift knob comes with a brass thread insert inside of it. This insert adds 25 grams of weight AND provides stronger brass threads compared to the standard copolymer knob.
- Copolymer material will not get hot or cold!
- 1.5" diameter for comfortable size
- 3.0" tall
- 100 grams weight for a good feel
- Smooth surface finish
- Internal threading provides a quick screw-on installation
- Strong strip-resistant brass threads
- Recess underneath allows for reverse gear function
KNOB OPTIONS: (See generic examples below)
- Add grooves
- Add a Laser Engraving on the top of the shift knob
- Add a shift pattern engraving
- Add a custom engraving. EMAIL me to add this option and provide the design
- The custom designs must be 2-colored, and supplied by the buyer. The laser will remove material where the picture is black, and leave material where the picture is white. Custom designs can be done by me, but additional charges may be added for the time I spend designing