Miata (1997-15) E-Brake Handle
This product only fits:
- Early-model Mazda Miatas (I've only really test-fitted this on the 1997 model so far, but they should be the same up through 2015)
The E-Brake Handle is designed to enhance the visual effects on the interior of your car. The new handle can be cut from either 6061 Aluminum, 303 Stainless Steel, Grade 2 Titanium, Alloy 360 Brass or colored Copolymer. The handle replaces the stock handle. These parts are not stocked, I make each one from scratch when you order it (same with all my shifter parts).
E-Brake Button is NOT included with the handle. It's a separate item.
INSTALLATION: First, unscrew the Ebrake Button. (You may need pliers as this part is glued on).
Then, remove the stock handle using a blow dryer (or heat gun) to soften up the glue holding the handle in place. Then use a strap wrench to twist it back and forth while pulling up to work it off the metal handle. Slide the new handle on. It is intended to slide onto the shifter and fastens with only 1 screw which you can place on the bottom (as long as it's not directly at the bottom because there's a slot in the brake handle).
- Direct slide-on installation. No glue needed.
- Solid metal or copolymer construction
- Variety of material and finish choices
- Easy installation, professional appearance
- Can be optioned with grooves and/or a knurled grip