Focus SE Copolymer Piston
This shiftknob is hand-made from solid acetal copolymer. This material is a hard plastic that will not absorb heat in the summer and won’t freeze in the winter like typical metal knobs. This provides an extremely comfortable knob all year long.
This piston shape provides more feedback as to which gear the transmission is in compared to a round knob. The piston allows you to better choose the gears with more linear precision which can help on the race track.
A brass insert can be custom-machined and permanently affixed within the knob. This insert provides 60 grams more weight (increasing the knob mass by 60%), for a much more solid shift feel. The brass also provides strong internal threads that resist stripping much better than copolymer threading.
- Copolymer material will not get hot or cold!
- 1.5" diameter cylinder for comfortable size
- 3.0" height for full-hand shifting
- 100 grams weight for a quick, precise feel (without brass insert)
- 160 grams weight for a more solid feel (with brass insert)
- Smooth surface finish
- Internal threading provides a quick screw-on installation
- Boot lip under knob allows for shift boot to clip on. Keeps stock appearance
- Knob is drilled deep to sit low on the shift lever
- M12x1.25 Internal Threads
KNOB OPTIONS: (See generic examples below)
- Select Copolymer material color
- Add a brass thread insert for more weight and stronger threads (recommended)
- Add knurled surface to the side for extra grip
- Add a thumb depression on top of the knob for vertical hand positioning (DO NOT combine with engraving option)
- Add a Laser Engraving on the top of the shift knob
- Add a shift pattern engraving
- Add a custom engraving. EMAIL me to add this option and provide the design
- The custom designs must be 2-colored, and supplied by the buyer. The laser will remove material where the picture is black, and leave material where the picture is white. Custom designs can be done by me, but additional charges may be added for the time I spend designing
- Add fabric wrap around the upper cylinder section of the shift knob, individually crafted and hand-stitched (Email for extra colors of fabric or stitch)