Corolla GR OEM Plus Ti Sphere
This shiftknob is unique design that has a solid Titanium core, a trim ring of a different material for an accent, and a polymer inlay. This knob is 2" diameter and cannot be shrunk because I must fit the top features into it. You can add options and change the materials.
This shiftknob is cut on a lathe from solid Grade 2 Titanium. After the rough cutting, each knob is hand-sanded, polished, and given a brush finish by myself. This allows me to ensure a perfect finish on every knob. Titanium is an excellent material. It is 60% the weight of stainless steel, but almost as strong. It has a good intermediate weight, right between the aluminum sphere and stainless steel sphere of similar design.
The standard finish is brushed Titanium which has a silver color. The optional burnt finishes have a vibrant array of colors including blue, purple, and bronze. You can customize the finish in the option list below.
- Solid Titanium material gives a solid feel to shifting
- 2.0" diameter for comfortable size
- 2.3" overall height
- 270 gram-weight for a good feel
- Brushed finish looks awesome
- Internal threading provides a quick screw-on installation
- Recess underneath allows for reverse gear function