C7 Corvette Stainless Steel Sphere
The design of this shift knob is unlike any other. In order to fit onto the stock C7 Corvette shift lever, the knob has a deep hole so it drops down onto the shifter just like the stock shift knob. It has a cross-hole that comes with a brand new stainless steel screw. You will need a 1/8-inch Allen hex key to fasten the knob onto the lever.
The unique aspec of this shift knob is that it is two pieces that screw together. The top stainless steel sphere can be unscrewed from the stainless steel base. This means you can swap out the top half of the knob for a different top at any time. You can also change the shape, material, and color of the knob this way.
This specific item is the solid stainless steel sphere knob. This knob weighs a massive 550 grams, which is 1.2 pounds! (Three times the weight of the aluminum sphere) This heavy weight provides the most solid shift feel available for your car. The finish is a wonderful accent for your interior, and the smoothness and confidence from this knob will keep you smiling on every shift.
Any stainless steel knob comes with a brushed finish as shown below. An optional burnt finish can be performed for an additional cost. The burnt finish is done using heat at the desired temperature. A variety of finishes can be done this way and are listed below.
- Solid Stainless Steel material gives AMAZING solid feel to shifting
- 2.0" diameter for comfortable size
- 3.2" overall height
- 550 grams weight for a good feel
- Brushed finish looks awesome and holds up well to abuse
- Side-screw installation for stock C6 Corvette shifter
- Boot lip holds up shift boot for a professional appearance
KNOB OPTIONS: (See generic examples below)
- Add grip grooves around the knob in any pattern or size
- Add a Laser Engraving on the top of the shift knob
- Add a shift pattern engraving
- Add a custom engraving. EMAIL me to add this option and provide the design
- The custom designs must be 2-colored, and supplied by the buyer. The laser will remove material where the picture is black, and leave material where the picture is white. Custom designs can be done by me, but additional charges may be added for the time I spend designing
- Add Burnt Finish flame coloring to the knob (See the image below for color examples)
These finishes appear as a tint in sunlight and have certain degrees of variation when performed.
- Option 1: Burnt Blue/Bronze Finish
- Option 2: Burnt All Blue Finish
- Option 3: Burnt Gunmetal Finish
- Option 4: Burnt All Bronze Finish
The C7 shift knob includes the collar, boot lip, and bolt hole in all configurations. Some photos show other variations and other gear patterns as examples.