C7 Corvette Hybrid Sphere
The design of this shift knob is unlike any other. In order to fit onto the stock C7 Corvette shift lever, the knob has a deep hole so it drops down onto the shifter just like the stock shift knob. It has a cross-hole that comes with a brand new stainless steel screw. You will need a 1/8-inch Allen hex key to fasten the knob onto the lever.
The unique aspect of this shift knob is that it is two pieces that screw together. The top black copolymer sphere can be unscrewed from the stainless steel base. This means you can swap out the top half of the knob for a different top at any time. You can also change the shape, material, and color of the knob this way.
This specific knob is a hybrid of two great materials to achieve the benefits of both with the drawbacks of neither. The top half of the knob is acetal copolymer which is wonderful for resisting heat and cold so it NEVER hurts your hand at any temperature. The bottom half of the knob is made from solid stainless steel which is extremely heavy and looks amazing.
The combination of these two materials yields a knob that can be held in any temperature, but also has a heavy weight for solid shift feedback. Plus, it looks very nice and compliments the black and silver trim in the car. There are many options that can be added to this knob, such as grooves, knurling (shown in picture), a thumb recess on top, or burnt finished on the steel. Email me for customization.
- Copolymer top provides a comfortable place to grip all year long
- Copolymer can be chosen in many colors
- Solid stainless steel bottom provides weight
- Stainless steel bottom can be flame colored
- 2.0" diameter, 3.5" tall for a comfortable grip
- ~250 grams weight for a solid feel
- Brushed finish bottom looks nice and holds up well to abuse
- Side-screw installation for stock C7 Corvette shifter
- Boot lip holds up shift boot for a professional appearance
KNOB OPTIONS: (See generic examples below)
- Select Copolymer material color
- Add a Laser Engraving on the top of the shift knob
- Add a shift pattern engraving
- Add a custom engraving. EMAIL me to add this option and provide the design
- The custom designs must be 2-colored, and supplied by the buyer. The laser will remove material where the picture is black, and leave material where the picture is white. Custom designs can be done by me, but additional charges may be added for the time I spend designing
- Add a Burnt Finish flame coloring to the steel bottom section
- Option 1: Burnt Blue/Bronze Finish
- Option 2: Burnt All Blue Finish
- Option 3: Burnt Gunmetal Finish
- Option 4: Burnt All Bronze Finish