WRX Helios Piston
The Helios Piston shift knob is a new design that I'm introducing from popular demand. It is the same size and shape as the Hybrid Piston, but it uses a Titanium base instead of Stainless Steel (Stainless is found on the Hybrid version). This shiftknob is cut on a lathe from solid Grade 2 Titanium on the bottom half and Acetal Copolymer on the top half, then I assemble it. After the rough cutting, each knob is hand-sanded, polished, and given a brush finish by myself. This allows me to ensure a perfect finish on every knob. The benefit of a two-piece shift knob is that the copolymer top will feel comfortable all year long, while the metal base provides extra weight and a high-quality appearance.
The standard finish is brushed Titanium which has a silver color. The optional burnt finishes have a vibrant array of colors including blue, purple, and bronze. You can customize the finish in the option list below.
- Combination of Titanium and Copolymer materials gives a solid feel to shifting
- 1.5" diameter for comfortable size
- 3.0" overall height
- 230 gram weight for a good feel
- Durable finish looks awesome and holds up well to abuse
- Internal threading provides a quick screw-on installation
- Boot lip IS included (may not be shown in pics)
KNOB OPTIONS: (See generic examples below)
- Add a custom finish to the knob. (See the images below for color examples) The bead blasted finish is a satin appearance. The Burnt finishes appear as a vibrant colored finish on the knob.
- Add a Laser Engraving on the top of the shift knob
- Add a shift pattern engraving
- Add a custom engraving. EMAIL me to add this option and provide the design
- The custom designs must be 2-colored, and supplied by the buyer. The laser will remove material where the picture is black, and leave material where the picture is white. Custom designs can be done by me, but additional charges may be added for the time I spend designing
- Add knurled grip pattern around the top section of the knob. (If you combine this with fabric wrap option, the knurling is done on the bottom section instead of the top.)